Job Description - Summary/Objective:
Summary/Objective: This position plays a major role in a guest's dining and/or bar experience. Consistency is a key element in a positive experience which is achieved by always following recipes and providing attentive service and a welcoming atmosphere. A bartender must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A bartender should be organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through bartender’s actions.
- Work as a team with all personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to company standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons in the bar/dining areas following standard recipes. Prep and stock bar garnishes as needed (lemons, limes, cherries, olives, etc).
- Ring drink and food orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served, process credit cards and make change.
- Stock and restock all areas of the bar. Wash and sterilize stemware
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with company standards.
- Be attentive! Offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Count drinks guests are served to avoid over-serving.
- Place current bar tabs in front of guests at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Anticipate your guest’s needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, making eye contact, etc.), and acknowledge the guest to let them know the bartender will be right with them.
- Learn guests’ names, occupations and favorite drinks. This will make your unit a special place for them.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive the bartender should notify the manager on duty.
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic
- Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age or do not possess proper/valid identification.Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Follow all opening and closing procedures during each shift
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Complete assigned Side Work, cleaning duties, and other duties as assigned including sweeping/mopping.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
- Team Player Attitude
This job operates behind the bar working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, spills, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Walk and stand during the entire shift
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe
- Remain stationary for long periods of time
- Frequently wash hands
- Be able to lift/move items weighing 50 pounds plus
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe
- Be able to hear and speak effectively
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work including holidays.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Prior experience as bartender
3. Basic knowledge of bartending
4. Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol
Preferred Education and Experience
Three years experience as a bartender.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 or older.
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must provide valid identification in order to complete I9 E-Verification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.